Sky-Watcher EQUINOX-80 Pro (Tube Assembly)
incl. 16 % VAT
The Sky-Watcher Equinox 80 is another excellent choice for birding, nature study, and photography. Its fast, high-contrast optics and generous field of view make it an ideal instrument for studying larger clusters and star fields, and it is a proven performer for astrophotography – you can even use it with a common SCT focal reducer to achieve speeds down to f/4.5! But don’t be afraid to push up the magnification, too. Its crisp optics make it a strong performer on tight double stars, and it provides crisp, clear lunar and planetary images with no image breakdown, even at high powers.
Schott Glass Used in Selected Models for Crown Element
Sky-Watcher Equinox 80 benefit from the inclusion of Schott glass being used for the positive front Crown element in the objective. Schott is the recognized world leader in glass utilized for precision optical lens systems, including medical instrumentation, and famous-brand camera lenses. While Schott glass is only used in selected models, all other models utilize top-quality, Grade-A glass from perhaps less famous but, nonetheless, highly respected, high-quality glass manufacturers.
Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings
Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%. The proprietary Sky-Watcher "Metallic High-Transmission Coatings" (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
- D = 80 mm, fast, flat f/6.2, F = 500.
- Razor sharp, colour-free, high contrast optics.
- Retractable aluminum dewshields.
- Removeable L-shape bracket for easy mounting on any any camera tripod.
- Perfect for astronomy, birding and terrestrial use.
- Fast speeds and flat fields for widefield astrophotography.
- Aluminum carrying case for safe, easy transportation.
High-Precision Indexed Focuser:
- Dual-Speed machined Crayford focuser.
- 360-degree adjustable for easy framing of objects for photography.
- Graduated scale on drawtube for fast and precise focusing with CCD or DSLR cameras.
- Whatever your application, we’re sure that Sky-Watcher Equinox refractors will meet and exceed your most demanding performance requirements with their superior mechanics, high portability and razor-sharp colour-free optics.
- Highest Practical Powre (Potential): x240
- Objective Lens Diameter: 80mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 500mm (f/6.25)
- Supplied without Eyepieces, Finderscope and Star Diagonal
- Dual-Speed 11:1 Backlash-Free 2" Crayford Focuser with adjustable focus-tension & 360 Rotatable
- 2" to 1.25" Eyepiece adaptor (with Brass Compression Rings)
- Retractable Dewshield (with aluminium cap)
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- Standard 1/4-20 Tripod Bush (will accept Sky-Watcher dovetail bars)
- Foam-lined Aluminium Carrying/Storage case