Software Bisque - Paramount ME II Mount
Manufacturer: Software Bisque
incl. 19 % VAT
- Payload Capacity ca. 109kg
- Mount Weight: 38kg!
- Remote Mount
The Paramount ME II has a broad range of exciting features and capabilities that will keep you focused on the stars and not your equipment. Software Bisque urges you to compare the Paramount ME II feature set with every other commercial mount in this price range before buying any mount.
- German equatorial mount equipment capacity (not including the counterweights): 204 lb (109 kg)
- Weight of the mount (including the Versa-Plate): 84 lb (38 kg)
- Every Paramount ME II component is custom machined from 6061 aluminum at Software Bisque's production facility. The precision worms are machined from brass.
- Brass worms and aluminum gears that have a maximum seven (7) arcsecond peak-to-peak periodic error before periodic error correction. When periodic error correction is applied, the resulting peak-to-peak periodic error should be approximately one (1) arcsecond or less.
- Both the right ascension and declination axes have a simple three position mechanical "switch" to engage the worm during normal operation, disengage the worm from the gear when balancing the payload, or lock the axis during transit
- GEM design allows the right ascension axis to track past the meridian for up to 3 hours (time).
- All internal harnesses (cables) and motors are encapsulated inside the body of the mount, just like the Paramount ME.
- Through the mount access holes allow you to add your own internal cables.
- Calibrated polar alignment adjustments that are virtually identical to the Paramount ME.
- Paramount ME-like homing, tracking and pointing performance.
- 8-inch right ascension and 9.5-inch declination gears.
- 6-inch contact ball bearings in both right ascension and declination.
- Periodic error correction curve fitting included with TheSkyX Professional Edition.
- 45 arcminute bubble level included.
- A Paramount ME-style Versa-Plate for attaching optical tube assemblies is included.
- Power supply included. Paramount ME power supply specifications: Max Power Output: 80W, Input: 100-240VAC ~47-63 Hz 1.9A, Output: 48V 1.66A max.
- Two (2) 20 lb (9kg) counterweights included. Note that the Paramount MX and Paramount ME counterweights are identical.
- 16-in. (41 cm) counterweight shaft included.
- Standard Paramount ME II wedge can be adjusted to reach latitudes from ten (10) degrees to slightly higher than sixty-five (65) degrees. Paramount ME-like Latitude Adjustment Wedge is available for latitudes outside this region.
- Azimuth axis polar axis adjustment range is plus or minus 3.5 degrees from center position (seven degrees total).
- Altitude and azimuth polar alignment knobs are calibrated, so that making adjustments using the TPoint Polar Alignment Report simple and accurate.
- The Paramount ME II includes Software Bisque's fourth generation dual axis telescope control system (called the MKS 5000).
- Integrated USB 2.0 computer to mount communication interface can be controlled via TheSkyX Professional Edition on either Mac OS X and Windows (7/Vista/XP, 32- and 64-bit), out of the box.
- Integrated two port USB 2.0 hub at the camera-end of the telescope, right where USB ports are needed most.
- The position of the motors is monitored 3333 times each second to ensure optimal tracking accuracy and smooth, consistent slews at all rates and all times.
- Tracking and "in progress slews" are immediately stopped in the event the mount's payload encounters a fixed object, such as the side of the pier.
- The single board control system electronics requires the minimum number of components and has a small physical size.
- Hand controller features an integrated mini-joystick controller and configurable rate, a five position switch that allows single-handed mount control, an integrated bright red LED flashlight, sturdy "hang anywhere" cable loop and 15-foot coiled hand paddle to mount cable.
Paramount MX not included!